1. Complete your Cross Stitch Pattern. This design of mine is appx 9″ x 2″ – I LOVE TO CAMP
2. Measure about an inch from your pattern and pin to mark the line you will want to trim on.
3. The measurements have been made and it is all marked and ready to trim.
4. Cut a back piece to match your front piece. Make sure to follow your cross stitch fabric and trim a straight line.
5. Match front to back and pin.
6. Sew around your pattern. I measured 4 rows on my Aida cloth out from the pattern. I used 2 strands of thread and sewed up and down skipping two squares each time. I was careful and matched up the holes on front and back.
7. Leave your tails lose. When you start with your second length of thread, tie the two together.
8. Tying the two threads together
9. The sewing is complete.
10. Now, you are ready to trim it down a bit.
11. I counted 6-7 squares from the stitch line and trimmed around the stitching
12. Take a needle and start to pull out the threads,
13. Do a little at a time to make sure you don’t pull too hard and have it affect your pattern.